View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 02:38 AM   #4
SportsFanatic10
Rookie

OVR: 0
re: General Sliders (for all difficulties & playtypes!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderjustin9833
Are these player lock only? Or can they be used to control the whole team?
In short absolutely! At the very least they'd make a great base imo. I can't say I've extensively tested them otherwise, since I'm pretty much just an offline player lock player these days. But I did try one game without locking on and it seemed pretty good. And I've watched a few CPU vs CPU games that turned out well with these also.

If you look at the default All-Star sliders, all Offense, Defense, & Attribute sliders are at 50 for both the User and the CPU except CPU defensive awareness is at 40. When I started out I watch Da Czar's video about the difficulty in 2K19 and he seemed to say All-Star is the best tuned this year for realism. I wanted a bit more of a challenge for my league player lock career however, so I went up to Super Star and put everything at 50 for both. I then tuned from there keeping everything equal for User and CPU. Then just touched up the Tendencies, Fouls, & Movement Sliders slightly to try and achieve more realistic stats and gameplay. I think it's a pretty good balance between the two.

So basically these aren't much different then playing on default Superstar, just a tad easier with all sliders equal instead of the CPU having a few higher. Along with the adjusted tendencies. I didn't want to mess too much with Attributes since I want the players to play true to their ratings. However I did lower durability so that you will actually see injuries in gameplay and not just sim! The hands are the only other one lowered, and that creates a few more turnovers and makes players bobble the odd errant pass.

I wasn't really sure what to title this thread, since they are kinda just general sliders I feel like, but I saw one where a couple people were looking for player lock a while back, and that's what I play so I wanted to see who all out there play like I do lol. But if you made it through all that, please give em a try if you are interested and let me know how it goes. Shouldn't be much different then default Superstar but just evened out and tweaked a bit.