View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 07:25 AM   #1159
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatriotWay
I'm a little confused on this set, everything within the OP is set to default? What is the point of that? I'm just curious if I am missing something here.
Taken from the OP:

These will be based around not only the game's "sim" style, but are for people who also play "sim". I'm not looking for the gameplay to "look" a certain way. I'm looking for variety in outcomes. If you see the same 2 or 3 tackle animations all game, something is wrong. If you see insta-shed all game, something is wrong. If you see sticky line play all game, something is wrong. My ultimate goal is to limit these imbalances to strictly the player ratings....when this starts to happen, you begin to see all kinds of variety and get that "anything can happen" vibe. THIS is what we want.

Many people get confused and don't think that this is a "slider set" because gameplay sliders are left unchanged. However, I feel it is, because we ARE defining certain parameters which stray from default. For example, turning gameplay assists (like ballhawk) off strays from the game's default and has a definite impact on the gameplay. Modification of the injury and fatigue sliders fundamentally change the game's core. Even using no acc clock has an impact. Every setting in the game has the POTENTIAL to impact the game engine's balance and this is what we have to control.

Basically, it boils down to the sliders that Josh has selected play closer to the players ratings and the game animates better at default.

The Developers throughout the years have stated that the game is tested on AP default.