View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 03:40 PM   #1688
drj32
Pro

drj32's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

thanks for this. I haven't been online with the game in at least a week if not longer so not sure if i have the last patch ...

1. Are you skipping replays and cut scenes? This really screws with gameplay. I seen on the main board cpu thread that you were skipping this stuff. Big mistake. Especially in cfm. Way too many tests to know this is something that causes all kinds of problems. Makes it play more arcade. More big hits long plays blocked kicks.

I can accept More big hits long plays blocked kicks if I have to because I just dont have the patience to watch 3 replays after each play.

2. Are you delete playcall suggestions? This makes for higher offensive outputs because the cpu calls countless money plays. This is key too just like not skipping cut scenes. The people that have problems with this set, usually mess up this rule.

I did delete it at first. Do I have to delete it before every game? or every session?

3. Playing with the same team week after week really messes with the game. Weird momentum boosts and such. It’s better to watch a game of the week every week, different teams each time in cfm. With the team you like, play the moments is a way better option. Play the moments is highly underrated. If the games take too long, this is better than skipping cut scenes and replays. This is a 20 minute experience. Cant recommend this enough.

Yes I am playing CFM in my third season, controlling only the Giants, and I don't play, just set the playbooks up and watch.

4. Is your coach one of the created coaches and are you playing against non-default cpu generated generic coaches? One of the pc mod guys told me the created coaches gives the games crazy boosts the default coaches dont get. This is the big reason i switched to play now stuff. I will play a season of cfm with alltime rosters im working, but i won’t play beyond a year because coaches will get fired and replaced with other coaches.

Coach is still Shurmur.

5. Are you using latest rosters in cfm? This also has an effect.

No, using roster from December.

6. Lots of rules in my other thread about CFM.

Read all of it

7. Bump tackle to 38. Just updated this op. Need to fix the cfm thread’s op to reflect this.

OK

8. Are you using custom playbooks? I’d advise against too.

Using a modified Giants playbook

9. Pay close attention to the clock stuff with accelerated clock thats in the cfm thread. It’s crucial to get the game to play right. There’s also other settings, like being the owner, turning coach firing on for CPu and human. This stuff levels out the warping and boosting of cfm as well.

Yes I am the owner (created)

10. Is this an offline or online cfm? If online, there’s your problem. Online doesnt play as good as offline.

11. When you play the other team, are you taking control of the opposing team before the contest.

No

12. Are you delete your profile before you load sliders?

delete before each game? before each session? Also, if deleting, will it delete all settings too? What would be lost? please advise

13. These previous reasons are the reason I’d rather fool with play now. Just way more consistent and smoother. Big reason im expanding that alltime roster by assante is that this game is awesome if you do certain things. But you cant go deep in cfm. But with alltime rosters that are as deep as im making it, i won’t have to worry about playing years of cfm.[/quote]

I am 3 years into the CFM. The only major problems I am seeing other than my defense being weak is that the QB drifts blindly into the oncoming rushers, but maybe because of low awareness.
thanks

Last edited by drj32; 01-20-2019 at 05:15 PM.