Old 01-27-2019, 09:10 PM   #3
callmetaternuts
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Raise the Flags and Fire the Cannons - Tampa Bay Buccaneers CFM - Madden 19

CFM Settings

Level: All-Madden/Simulation/Slow
Sliders: Default except FG Power and Kickoff Length are at 55. (I’m tired of coming up short on 52 yard field goals with no wind.)
Penalty Sliders: Offsides, False Start, Holding, Defensive Holding all at 99. Defensive Pass Interference is at 55. All others are at default and turned on.
Rosters: Madden Official Super Bowl rosters
Injuries: 20
Fatigue: 55
Speed Parity: 75
Other settings: All other settings are at default (no assists like Ball Hawk etc.)
Misc: I turn injuries off in the first preseason only and turn off pre-existing injuries as well. When Week 1 of the regular season starts, I turn injuries back on.
House Rules: None. I do my best to play realistic sim NFL football. I’m not good enough to have any money plays. I don’t switch on defense and usually play as the defender who is manned up on the HB/FB. If it’s zone, I control a non-blitzing linebacker. I utilize the entire playbook and rarely hot route or audible at the line, unless it’s doubling a receiver who is killing me.

Background: I want to start the CFM season as close to real life as I can. Once Week 1 of the regular season starts, it’s my own world and I won’t be following any real life NFL results or stories. I am a lifelong Bucs fan and love defensive games, like the Bucs in our good old days. I’m an avid Madden player but not a great one. I’m actually not very good on offense, so bear with me. I want to have seasons play out realistically, so losing 8-10 games a year is fine, for now.

I play all games, no simming of any plays or events. I will play the preseason to get a full for the fringes of the roster. There won’t be any trade shenanigans (trading a player I’m going to cut for a 6th rounder when I know the CPU will cut them too). I want the most updated rosters I can in terms of ratings based on performance and I turn off pre-existing injuries so all the IR guys will be back and all teams will be at full strength. The only downside is, it leads to some players being cut in preseason (Nick Mullens for the 49ers for example).

Some other odds and ends:

- All XP sliders are at default.
- I have penalty sliders turned way up so I actually see a fair amount of penalties and longer drives etc.
- I won't sign any free agents or make any trades unless there are injuries or necessity. I want to keep the 2018 Bucs roster as close to default as I can.
- Pricing is set by what will maximize revenue. After all, if I can't make money, my roster will suffer.
- I do training every week and when its time to upgrade players, I try to upgrade what will make them a better fit for their skills and then my system. A guy like Mike Evans is going to see upgrades to catching and route running, his speed and other items like that won't improve in reality anymore so I'm not going to chase it.

Notes: The roster and current starters will stay intact at least through Game 1 of the regular season. I will get my CFM to Week 1 of the regular season as close to the real NFL Week 1 as possible. After that, all bets are off, though it will be sim on my part. I’ll be playing in Owner Mode so I control all facets of the team. Again, my goal is to play it realistically and to re-establish the Bucs as a threat in the NFL. I rarely make it through a full season because I get bored, so I’m hoping running a CFM on OS will keep me engaged.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.