View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #1
UFCBlackbelt
MVP

OVR: 0
Thoughts on the jab feint- body cross

I know this thread may rile up some players, but please read.
First and foremost, I do not consider this combination to be this massive game-altering combo, I always get someone who needs to school me on how to play EA UFC 3 when I bring up a point.

This combination has now become a crux combination for a lot of higher level players. The jab feint acts as a speed buffer for the body cross and allows it to come out at great speeds and cover great distance. It's a very effective tool which is difficult to counter, your counter has be predictive rather than reactive given its speed, high evasion and high recovery, but chances are you will most likely end up missing and gassing more. The best defensive option, in my opinion, are the block counters and movement.

My issue from this doesn't come from a gameplay point as much, but more from a fighting realism perspective. I understand that this is a game, but it does take away from the experience when I see this combination's success rate and high usage. It's uncommon for fighters in MMA to throw a forward moving body cross at the rate and way it's thrown now. Generally, a body cross can be an effective weapon, but it's usually disguised several times in combinations or as a counter to forward movement, and aimed as a power shot to the solar plexus. The body jab is thrown more consistent with the way the jab feint-cross is currently being utilized. Body crosses are also usually thrown with feet planted or against the cage. Conor being an exception to this rule generally.

I would prefer that the damage caused by body crosses be slightly increased and the speed, evasion or recovery be adjusted for the strike. While the body jab can have this function (in the style of JDS-rothwell)

What are your thoughts on the jab feint body cross?

Last edited by UFCBlackbelt; 01-28-2019 at 08:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove