View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 06:56 AM   #21
GrimLeiper
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on the jab feint- body cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
No not really. This benefits offensive fighters, because if you try to back up and get away, they'll just feint the jab and speed boost the straight magnetically. If you try to lunge, due to the body punch issues where they track lunges for some God forsaken reason, the shot will track you, rather than have them going right by.

Knees do less damage now to LTS, and I've learned practicing timing the catch does dividends.

With the uncatchable side kicks, something I've realized is so simple, and ironically was the reason they were made uncatchable, because they're pretty hard to land if you just circle. Seriously, move in a circle with the left stick to maintain the center of the octagon, and it'll miss ever so slightly it's hilarious. If you side step it with proper timing, you get a free hook that is almost guaranteed to rock them. I only suggest lunging when they're coming forward with the side kick, so that way they get planted against the cage.
If we could just fix the body punch/lunge issues, that would resolve a bigger problem whilst "nerfing" the jab feint, body straight.

Whilst I know exactly what you mean about the straight zipping across to land when doing the jab feint, rather than back out, if you do the R1+R2 retreat, that would evade the strike, no?

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove