View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 10:10 AM   #1915
webbjay82
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders - Madden 19 (All-Pro & All-Madden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies6f
Two things (using the blue All-madden set with trait edited rosters btw):

1. Is anyone getting unrealistically high yards per play for your team and your opponent?

I simmed my first season and my defense finished 2nd in yardage given up. I've played 4 games in year two and we're ranked 29th. My defense has always been bottom of the league in yardage in franchise this year, no matter my personnel. This time the main issue is that there are just way too many big plays, I give up between 7-9 yards per play every game(for reference the worst defense in the NFL this year, Oakland, gave up 6.3ypp). I'm fairly certain my defense is not historically bad with the personnel I have. My offense is also able to break off way too many big plays and is ranked 1st. I just wish there was some difference between franchises. This is my third franchise I've started and all of them have been this way. Even though I couldn't have played with more different teams (Buffalo, Denver, and now Green Bay). I've tried increasing user and CPU tackling as well as increase the speed threshold to 65 to make defense more effective, but there are still way too many chunk plays for each team.

2. Anyone else experiencing awful coverage breakdowns in Cover 3? My linebackers assigned to the yellow zones will often start sprinting towards a receiver that's running an out or a go route on the outside, who is already covered and open up the middle of the field. I also have had my CB's in the deep thirds take two or three steps towards the quarterback at the snap, and if the WR lined up with them is running a go, they give up a huge play. I just played against Chicago and gave up 3 TD's between 75 and 50 yards because of this. I"m trying to discern if this is caused by my sliders, player ratings, or it's just a flaw with the base game. Thanks!

The big thing, again, is that this has happened in ALL of my franchises I've started. My offense is always 1 or 2 in yards and points and my defense is always around 29. I don't need my defense to be elite, I know the NFL is all about offense now. All I ask is for some variance, I don't mind giving up points, but I do mind allowing historically bad yards per play when I have a strong defense

Im having the same issue with the all-pro sliders as well, I'm not giving up a lot of super long TD but I am getting destroyed in the middle. A lot of the time it's like you said, my LB will be in a yellow zone and then all of a sudden he'll start sprinting towards a WR that is not even close to his zone and just leave a massive hole in the middle of the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove