Old 02-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #278
Kriech23
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Dear Randoms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Love it when you hoopin in park and run into that stretch 4 who thinks he’s better than what he really is and every time he touches the ball he has to call for screens and zig zag and waste 15 seconds of the shot clock before he passes.

Ran into a guy who did that for 3 games but me and my other teammate were balling extra hard we won anyway. So on the 4th game we finally lost and i called him out and instead of saying my bad bro i shouldn’t have wasted the shot clock so much, he insisted on calling me the N word and telling me i was trash.

Good ol’ 2k

I’d rather play with 40 straight bad offensive players than 1 center on defense that pretends like he doesn’t know he should switch on D so the PG I’m guarding doesn’t shoot 5 3s off the pick. That right there makes me get off 2k or play MyCareer faster than anything else. Cause those dudes always send you a message saying “play defense bum”

I can’t stand it. Last couple 2ks i ran center and nobody i played with had to worry about their PG shooting off screens. It’s so bad that I’m thinking about going back to center in 2k20. I’m just tired of people purposely allowing me to go 2 on 1 so their man doesn’t score

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

The "average" 2K player has no idea how to hedge or even rotate on screen and rolls in the park. I play predominantly with randoms (normally make sure they at least have legit splits - shot %, win %, etc.), as I don't have a huge crew that plays 2K anymore and getting games in the park is pretty easy as a center with a respectable record/rank.

Having said that, I'm normally not on the mic in the park, because of the nonsense, but it's always beautiful when you can find a couple of teammates that know how to space the floor, guard the pick and roll/pop, guard the wrap around, etc. Granted this happens like twice a month.

Anymore I've just been balling in the park, because JRC is full of legit pro-am teams waiting to beat-down randoms. The last game I played in JRC our random squad matched up with a team full of Elites (the first time I've ever seen "Elite" in JRC). Records of something like 1,100-60. Yeah, I'm good.