View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 03:52 AM   #610
tonybologna
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

With the win over the Cavs we have now officially moved into 3rd place in the Eastern Conference. We are to my surprise now only 3.5 GB of the Raptors for 2nd place in the East. A month or so ago I didn't think we would even have a chance to catch either the Raptors or Bucks in the Eastern Conference.

It's certainly not out of the question for us to make a run at catching both the Raptors & Bucks to take the #1 seed in the East. We are playing like a true team now & the lineup changes that Coach Brad Stevens has made has been the difference. I really don't expect for us to make any trades here at the trade deadline either. If we do it will be strictly for a role player off the bench.

I could see us signing or trading for a big man due to the injury concerns about Baynes but it's not going to be for a star player or even an above average player. We just might need another PF or C to come off the bench now with Baynes out & to spell both Horford & Theis for some rest.

Williams has been starting to come around though lately in his few minutes being given on the court in recent games so we might not decide to do anything & use him more as that type of player in the off the bench role. He's a great rim protector & solid rebounder. He's just lacking in his offensive skills right now but he can certainly help this team in what has been a somewhat down season on the defensive side of the ball. GO MEAN GREEN!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11