Old 02-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #19
BeerPoisoning
Rookie

BeerPoisoning's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
As a person who plays mostly pro am these are the things I want to see.

1. Tone down the 3 pointers for my players. Litterally having the norm be that people are able to average 55%-70% from the 3 point line is ridicolous. Steph Curry has never even come close to that level of shooting. Elite shooters still miss wide open shots, I don't know why 2k doesn't grasp this concept.

2. I agree that a draw foul badge is actually neccesary.

3. For pro am I would reduce the requirement from 5 players to 3-4.

4. Pro am match making is ridicolous. When I first made my team all I was getting matched up with was gold teams. In older games at least 2k made an effort to match you up with pepole around your rank
#1 - At the end of the day 2K is a video game. If they nerfed shooting to the point of resembling NBA stat lines there wouldn’t be a skill gap. Think about it, if you’re guarding a sharpshooter, you may as well leave him open every single possession and let him shoot and help protect the paint instead. Adjusting to that NBA stat line he’s going to make roughly 4 out of 10 shots. That’s not efficient enough to be ProAm competitive. The way it’s designed is to create a skill gap, you’re rewarded with *likely* making an open shot for getting open and you’re defensively you’re punished by giving up that open shot if you fail to play proper defense.

#2 - No, it’s not necessary. Imagine a build with “draw foul” on gold or HOF. There would be a whistle nearly every driving attempt that resulted in contact. I’m open to the idea of keeping the game fresh and introducing some new badges but that’s the wrong idea. Someone would be at the FT line every other possession.

#3 - ProAm is meant to resemble real competitive basketball where teams play traditionally and run plays or a smart freestyle offense (off-ball screens, etc.) and a defense that can play man or zone. All just like the NBA. It’s hard to make 3v3 pure “sim style” because there’s a lack of creativity without street-ball style animations. Which, is why the Park mode exists.

#4 - 100% agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk