View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #8431
mpklub
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How is your dynasty going

I am five games into year 2 of my Iowa State Dynasty and sitting at 3-2 so far.

We came out of the gates 2-0 and just played like world beaters through those first two games. My defense, which was a disaster in year 1, was looking great. I have a true freshman starting at FS and he looks like he could be one of those guys who starts for four years and is a stud by the end of things. I lost my most complete WR to graduation, and my top two RB's. My starter this year got some carries last year and showed promise.

To start the year my offense has been all over. My QB is a redshirt junior and is rated 88 overall, but continues to have bad turnovers. Obviously this is largely my fault as I have been forcing throws, but the WR's are not getting open. During the first two games I thought little of it because our running game was so strong and the defense looked good. I figured the passing game was trying to find its rhythm.

Well that all changed in games 3 and 4. We lost on the road to TCU 19-13 in a close one. We just couldn't move the ball. I fell in love with the passing game because we were playing from behind most of the game, but I should have stuck with the running game more.

Game 4 we played Miami (Florida) on the road in game 4 and looked at this as a chance to show the nation that Iowa State was building something. We got crushed 52-10. We were overmatched in so many ways. 2 first half INT's, followed by a bad decision to go for it on 4th down and we were done by half time.

Game 5 looked like it was going to be more of the same. We were back at home against a 1-5 Boise State team (who is in the Big 12 in this Dynasty). Last year Boise crushed us 55-26 at Boise, so we wanted revenge. The game started out more of the same. By half we were down 24-7 largely due to two INT's and a bad call on 4th down (I need to stop going for it on 4th and short) that left the defense in terrible spots. But we scratched and clawed our way back into things in the second half to narrow it to 27-21 going into the 4th quarter. We started running the no huddle and got down field to score taking a 28-27 lead with about 2 minutes left. But Boise St. returned the kickoff to near midfield and pulled out a TD within less than a minute, converting the 2 point conversion. Down 7 now with about a minute to go, and a QB who while having a good game, on the year was less than 60% completion and 2 TDs, 8 INTs going into the game. Well, that QB drove us down the field and scored with less than 20 seconds to go, taking the game to OT. In OT we scored on the first drive and the defense had an INT on 4th and goal to seal the win 42-35. Despite the score, the defense played well overall. They were on the field a ton and had to deal with two turnovers by the offense, and a failed 4th down conversion for a short field. They created 3 turnovers of their own as well. The defense is showing signs of life, but needs the offense to stop turning the ball over and be more consistent.

I think West Va is next for (lost to them last year 17-13 on the road). I am hoping we can build off the success of the passing game going forward as it's been awful. Our running game is legit, but being one dimensional so far has made offense very difficult. I am pumped for the next game!

Last edited by mpklub; 02-11-2019 at 09:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove