Old 02-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #613
tonybologna
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official Boston Celtics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Honestly, as long as the Celtics can stay healthy then I'm not picking them to lose against anyone in the East. The Bucks and Raptors have really good teams (I'm not that worried at all about Philly until they can prove that they can beat us) but if we can finally start clicking then I like our depth better than what they have. Especially, now that Hayward and Brown are playing much better. Getting Baynes back is going to be key as well because our defense is so much better with him on the court. If we're healthy and "Playoff Al" comes out this year, plus Tatum starts being a little more aggressive ( and stops shooting so many long 2's) then this team is going to be really tough.

My only worry is that the C's have their toughest part of the schedule coming up and every time they lose a few games in a row or close together they seem to implode a bit. I'm hoping that that doesn't happen or if it does that they bottle it up internally. I'm tired of seeing all of these comments being made public. They need to keep and settle that in-house instead of through the media.

With that said, if they can survive this upcoming stretch, then their last 10-15 or so games shouldn't be that difficult (with the exception of a 2-3 games). I'm hoping they can get through this stretch without completely falling apart, then pickup some momentum before the playoffs. I'd love to get that 3rd seed but I don't think there's that much difference between the Bucks and Raptors so I'm not sure it's going to matter that much.
I agree with you on your post Jeremy. What I don't want to happen though is for us to not make the top 4 in the East. I think we need home court advantage for at least the 1st Round of the playoffs. Like I said though, I just don't see the Pacers beating us out for a top 4 spot.

The top 2 teams in the East are pretty much set it's just a matter of who is #1 & #2. Spots #3-#5 are really up for grabs still between us, the 76ers, & Pacers. Spots #6-#8 are still also up for grabs.

I just want to get into that top 4 so whoever we get in that 1st Round will be @ home. I think after that we are capable of building momentum & winning series on the road if needed. That's if we are playing our A game. We have only seen this teams A game being very spotty so far this season.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11