View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 07:57 PM   #1
zpq12
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
dribble handoffs, lead passes and defending the PnR

I've been playing this game quite a bit lately and a few things are tripping me up. Please excuse me if this is all very elementary.

1. How do I properly execute a dribble handoff, where the player receiving the ball continues to curl around or past the handoffer? It always seems that the player wants to come to a stop or slow way down which completely defeats the purpose and is especially frustrating when the driving lane is there. The playbooks I've used have a ton of plays like this, and they usually wind up with my tow players standing close together.

related..

2. How do I properly throw a lead pass? It seems that my players always want to slam on the brakes when receiving a pass, especially on set plays. Player curls across the lane, or makes a cut, pass to them.....bam, slam on the brakes at the elbow as they receive the pass.

3. How do I force no switch. When my perimeter players are picked, especially by a big man, I want to go over or under and chase the ball handler. Unfortunately, on a regular basis, so does my big man, ending in far too many wide open dunks for the roll man. How do I approach and play pick-and-rolls properly?
Advertisements - Register to remove