View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 10:50 AM   #3
ojandpizza
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: March 2019: LeBron James is no longer the best player in the world. So who is?

LeBron James (until proven otherwise) and Kevin Durant still have a level they can reach in the playoffs that no other player really comes close to. IMO

I don't even know that this is the right time to even make this claim. He's averaging 27/9/8 shooting over 50% on a year where he has been injured and playing with a new team. Other than not making the playoffs, this season isn't looking much different than his first season back with the Cavs.

He's the only player in the league giving you 25/8/8, if he comes back next year even this good and hits the playoffs doing what he's done the past 3-4 years then your post becomes irrelevant.

That said, if we are ignoring that aspect of it all, I would vote Giannis. He still needs to improve his shooting, but there isn't a player in the league with a better combination of scoring, defending, ball handling, play-making, rebounding, inside-out game, versatility on both ends, etc.. We just need to see what he brings to the table in the playoffs this year.

Anthony Davis, Steph Curry, Paul George if he can play like this in the post season or for longer than just this streak he's on, those guys are up there as well.... Harden, Kawhi, Embiid right after those guys for me.