View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 06:19 PM   #486
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: 2/26 - 3/4 Games Discussion Thread

I guess theyre all talking lol

Hayward needs injections to ease pain this season. They had to force him to play to work on his "rehab" basically

Quote:
That recovery process, Hayward told ESPN, includes the assistance of a mental health counselor to help navigate the mental gymnastics of returning to "normal" -- whatever that means. Working with the counselor to navigate those gymnastics has been a major step in Hayward's healing that he concedes took some time for him to reconcile.

"It's hard," Hayward said. "It's embarrassing. You want to be the guy that says, 'I'm strong. I don't need any help.'"

"I never felt like guys were frustrated with me," Hayward said, "but you could feel that guys were frustrated with their situation. Everyone in the NBA wants a bigger role. It was tough on everybody. We were trying to win basketball games, but at the same time, I was trying to get back to being the player I was, and some of that involved getting reps."

Hayward's difficulties were compounded by back woes stemming from atrophied muscles that had not been fired for nearly a year. He received injections to ease the pain, but it further limited his mobility -- and further delayed his progress.