Old 03-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #753
cdcool
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Hi, first time posting. I've based my sliders very much on yours, with a few changes so I don't expect the same results.

Just want to chip in on the conversation for consoles as I'm an XBOX player. Yes, you need to delete your profile as discussed on console to ensure your CPU v CPU matches play out the way you want, but I'm pretty sure once deleted, it's not necessary to restart your game and enter your slider adjustments again on the main menu if you go straight to CFM once you back out of settings.

What happens is the console "remembers" your slider adjustments on the main menu but your profile is gone, so no need to enter them all again. If you go into CFM, your sliders that you set as Commisioner will govern how the matches play out.

However, you do need to go back to the main menu after each game and delete your profile again, as the console will create a new profile save, which WILL affect play. That's when we start to get "crazy" matches, where QB's will throw for 500 yards, RB's will run 200+ and 3rd downs are always converted, except in the red zone, where there's an occasional stop resulting in a short FG. And scorelines go through the roof.

I'm in week 5 of my own league, all 32 teams under my control as Owner and this has been the way I've been able to get consistency in how matches play out. I've watched every match thus far and followed the advice given here, although I wouldn't want to comment on how cdcool's sliders work for me as there are a few differences and I'd already started the season before I learned about the Trait issues gone through in another thread. I'm loathe to restart having gotten this far in to this season, maybe next time.

Much appreciated on your process, I’m happy I’m on the PC. Seems like this should not be necessary at all but it is.

This why some console players were not seeing what I was seeing when using my sliders. This explains a lot!

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Operation Sports

Last edited by cdcool; 03-11-2019 at 05:42 PM.