Old 03-14-2019, 10:37 AM   #4
Breakstarter
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k20:Matchmaking in JRC/Walk-On needs to be Addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Let's break this down though

1 & 2. Putting a certain set of archetypes in a JRC game still doesn't solve spacing issues. It's not so much the archetype it's the players using them. A lot of people in this community don't know how to space the floor or use their archetype the way that it should so this wouldn't pan out too well IMO. You're still gonna be faced with issues of running with complete randoms that don't know what their doing. Also having 2 of the same archetypes on 1 team isn't that much of a bad thing as it seems. It sucks having 2 inside centers on your team but other archetype/builds work from time to time. I think a good focus for 2k is to not put multiple positions on the same team. SG is a very popular position this year and it shows. I'm always on a team with 2 other SG's (3 total) if I go in by myself. I see this happening with the Center position as well. They'll throw 2 on the same team pretty often. We didn't have that issue in Walk On last year.

3.) I think most folks play JRC to get some casual runs in so introducing some type of skill based matchmaking may ruffle a few feathers out there. If you want comp to face comp 24/7, then that's something that should happen in Team. This would be okay for the abusers who come in with 5 beating random's all day but a person like myself would be at a huge disadvantage with a feature like this. I run with 1 other person in JRC and we're both Pro 2's. With this idea in place I'm sure We'd be running against Full 5's all day getting crushed even with "experienced" randoms on our team.

4.) Not happening. It would be great if everyone had a mic in JRC but kicking someone because they don't is a bit harsh. I have a mic and 80% of the time I rarely say anything unless someone is getting cooked or we're facing a squad.

5 & 6. I agree with these although I thought you still got XP regardless if folks quit out or not? I never pay attention to my rep bar anymore but yeah 2k needs to make sure folks get their XP regardless if the game finishes or not.

Not knocking your list at all but it sounds like you need to spend more time in Team Pro-AM rather than play JRC. You've played over 1k games so I'm sure you can find a consistent 5 to run with. The game mode can definitely be a lot better. Hopefully we take a step in the right direction for 2k20.
thanks for your reply. after reading through your comments i just want to touch on what you said.

1)yeah its not perfect, but absolutely i feel that having the right archetypes being put in the game helps out tremendously. Regardless of skill set, the fact that the suggestion of no two inside centers, or two of the same archetypes in a lineup helps with the fact of suggesting everyone have mics would make communicating with all parties involved that much easier. Even if you don't have that much experience, if you heard me on the mic and I or another teammate requested that you go to a certain place on the court, if i was a pg, at least me knowing you can hear me, gives me hope that we can communicate and try and get a victory together. Thats all we want at the end of the day.

Searching by archetype makes it an even playing field and not lopsided victories from the opposing team because there isn't enough offense or enough defense or rebounding on the floor. How it is now you can definitely walk in to rec with this weirdo lineup on a regular basis:

sg-sharp slasher
sg Lockdown
sf-2 way shot creator
pf-2 way athletic finisher
pf-rebounding athletic finisher

^^^^^

That's a terrible floor spacing lineup. I mean really really good players can make this lineup work for a win...but against good players or comp? hell nah...if everyone has a mic like i suggested, putting the right archetypes on the floor increases the likelihood of communicating with your teammates on both sides of the floor to ensure that you have the best possible chance of coming through with a win! 2k needs to fix this asap bro. i agree to disagree with you on this point.

3)Why do you call people who get 5 together to run JRC "Abusers"? Isnt the whole point of playing JRC is to come out with a victory? How does playing casually with people you dont know NOT in a party and NOT communicating with you ensure that you come out with a win? You said comp should play comp in team pro am. this laughable at best. Im on xb1....All i gotta do to see if JRC is casual or comp is to head down to my posts on the xb1 dashboard and see what everyone is looking for. They all say the same things:

"Have 4 need one for rec. Must have ________% to play. Dont bother if you have dont have high win%"

"Need Stretch for rec, 92 win% elite 2, don't sell me"

"Must Have Mic, 97 ovr, elite3 super sweaty, need comp big man for rec or team, must be a snagger and high win%"

People who want to win reply to these posts to get together , not because they're not good, or because they dont like playing casual. its because they know that playing in a party with the people you're running with, plus requesting certain archetypes ensures that the people involved have the highest chance of victory. Not relying on 2ks matchmaking saves everyone a headache and makes your record look a lot cleaner than just pressing start and hoping everyone is on the same playing field as you and doesn't come in to games with their own agendas(stat chasing, trolling, grinding jrc FOR BADGES INTENTIONALLY INSTEAD OF GRINDING MYCAREER)

4)Kicking someone out for not having a mic in a game where communication is premium is fair and not harsh. Drinking lemon juice straight is harsh, sitting here telling people the requirements to enter a game mode is fair game.
It's 2019, where live in age of smartphones, Super APPS,drones, Supercomputers, Virtual reality, 4k TVS, electric cars...man we living in the Jetsons, and you mean to tell me that every owner of an xbox which used to come with a Kinect and now comes with standard controller and mic, that its being harsh to make it a requirement that you use the mic that came with your system? sheesh ....thats tough.....

5&6 you agreed with me so i dont have much to say but yeah 2k definitely isnt allowing us to keep our progression with badges once the opposing team quits which isnt fair and a complete waste of time for all users involved for the "winning team".

Last edited by Breakstarter; 03-14-2019 at 10:44 AM.