Old 03-28-2019, 12:51 AM   #7
TheWarmWind
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
ok I played about 5 games last night with these. had a break from rosters my eyes were hurting lol

a few things, first of all the game seems harder this year with hitting. I tried on Hall of fame at first and couldn't get any more then 5 hits a game. with all start that improved slightly I am able to draw walks but hitting with runners in scoring position I struggled (Heidi wouldn't shut up about it LOL!) so mostly when I did score it was a sac fly or a home run. couldn't really can't past 3 or 4 runs a game.

One thing did find from going from HOF to all star was the CPU starting throwing a lot more wild pitches. and about 3 or 4 a game. on HOF they hardly threw a wild pitch at all. maybe it was a small sample size or a fluke I don't know but it's just something I found.

part of the problem for me might be the pitch speed I have it on 5 it seems a bit faster this year. I keep check swinging a lot too early with the off speed stuff as well, and somtimes a lot accidentally I think the pitch speed although people say is user preference I don't think it is I think it's a very important underrated slider that causes most of the issues balancing that out is hard.
Yes, pitch speed is one of the most important sliders when balancing for yourself, and pitch speeds are higher this year. If you were good on 5 with all-star last year, then you need to bring it down to 4.

I say user's choice not because it isn't important, but because the sliders will still apply effectively no matter the pitch speed. It is actually very important that you find the right pitch speed for you. General rule of thumb, if you find it impossible to get ahead of a fastball, you need to slow it down. If you're rarely behind a changeup, you need to speed it up.

Edit: Keep in mind these sliders are extremely tentative right now. I'm not playing these sliders right now, and I'm not going to post the news ones because I'm in a relative state of flux. Don't expect sliders that I'm actually confident in until late April.

Edit 2: Also, the ideal timing is a wee bit earlier this year based on the visual ball travel then last year. It's subtle, but at this point I'm confident it has changed.

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 03-28-2019 at 12:57 AM.