View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #8
Majingir

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Future MLB Expansion?

When will MLB just give Tampa and ultimatum? A's look like they might be on right path, but nothing has happened from Rays to make people think it'll be resolved one way or the other anytime soon.

Could the MLB Owners and possibly even MLBPA try making MLB come down on this Rays stadium saga? If I'm an owner, I'd want the Tampa stuff resolved ASAP. Rays have attendance of around 15,000.

In a league with revenue sharing, how do you not get mad at having a team drawing so poorly and no progress in improving. Move to a city able to draw even 25,000 or so per game. 10,000 extra fans at $70 or so average ticket price, and that's a extra revenue of 700k per game. Over 55M extra for their 81 home games. Depending on which city they move to, we could even see impact felt on the road with travelling fans. I'd imagine a city like Montreal is more likely to have fans going to Baltimore or Toronto than fans from Tampa would.

I've said it before, Florida should have 1 team. Let fans of the entire state support 1 team. You have an older demographic down there, let those fans bump up TV ratings for that 1 team while giving another market some baseball.

Last edited by Majingir; 03-29-2019 at 06:24 PM.