View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 03:33 PM   #17
htown5933
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 M19 Offseason Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar4380
I agree it is such a painful task.. but yet the itch is so strong.. then you go through the battle of what a waste of time haha.. but it's fun to learn the prospects and design the new teams and learn where everyone goes..

I think with help it would be a much easier task.. so let's give it a try

please checkout my roster file I am up to date on everything.. I am about to upload it now.. I would really like to start with mine due to the accurate contracts situation.. I play some friends in online franchises and we really like that aspect as I think some other would as well.. I tried to make sure I got as close to the contract amount of money as possible on most players.. example CJ Mosley would sign for like 4 million a year so I had to move him to DE and increase him to 99 ovr then sign him then move him back and adjust his ratings back to what they were.. also the players who sign a 1 year deal are important as well so I leave them on their team untill they change teams unless they are a low level player.. but a guy like

retired players I move to punter and leave them unless I use them for someone else.. I've kept their face pictures for now when I do create a new player (example: Rodger Cromartie on redskins was created from Brian Orakpo but I kept orakpo face incase he returns and I can then switch them back and use someone else for Cromartie.. Bell I used a low level RB with the same Age who looked like him.. Witten I used Richie Incognito and kept his face.. but his could be changed to computer face cause I think its safe to say Incognito is done for good..

Each team will have to be gone through quickly once the draft prospects are completed to move depth chart around LG to RG etc.. and also cut the players who are no longer on the team and have not been signed by another team yet..

I usually trade the backup QBs with the player changing teams to keep their contract as 1 year and higher than the 800k the contract is for low level players. So some of the Backup QBs might have jersey numbers off.. I just use them to be able to swap the player who actually changed teams then trade the backup qbs back to correct team right after..

what time of the day is good for you to do your work? I am flexible I work from my computer..

you can message me your number if that makes communication easier.

if you want to download my file and take a look I have it under 2020project and my gamertag is EagleGatorBull
Yeah, that itch does get to be pretty strong sometimes lol.

I'm just not sure it's a good match though as you're more of a CFM guy, with concerns for the contracts, etc. I completely understand wanting to get contracts as close as possible, but not at the expense of having fully accurate rosters, depth charts, etc.

I glanced at your roster - I can certainly look close at it - but, just initially when I see Kerry Hyder still on Detroit and not Dallas, Rod Smith still at HB for Dallas (I created Jordan Chunn, same as other teams - created whoever was necessary to release guys who aren't with the team any longer), Adam Redmond starting at LG and Parker Ehinger starting at RT it's kind of a downer for me. (I'm sure you haven't messed with depth charts yet).

I even changed positions for defensive guys on the teams that are switching their defenses. (i.e. KC going to a 4-3 and AZ/Tampa Bay going to a 3-4)

The instances where guys like Suh are still on their old teams when the chances of them re-signing are low are just hard for me lol. You know, since I do a lot of play now games.

Just looks like a lot of work to get the rosters current, unfortunately. Guys like Tramaine Brock, who agreed with Arizona yesterday, are still on their former teams (Denver).

It took several hours just to get rosters accurate, including depth charts, future/reserve guys & a few created guys made in order to release UFA's into the FA pool.

Unfortunately, even though I think we'd both like to have the same end result/thing, which is accurate rosters come draft time with draft prospects in the FA pool, what we enjoy doing NOW would make it too hard to tackle a huge project. No biggie. We tried.

The contracts just aren't important enough to me to "start over" getting all the rosters current along with the depth charts. I appreciate the offer though!