View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 04:27 PM   #21
mar4380
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: PS4 M19 Offseason Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by htown5933
Yeah, that itch does get to be pretty strong sometimes lol.

I'm just not sure it's a good match though as you're more of a CFM guy, with concerns for the contracts, etc. I completely understand wanting to get contracts as close as possible, but not at the expense of having fully accurate rosters, depth charts, etc.

I glanced at your roster - I can certainly look close at it - but, just initially when I see Kerry Hyder still on Detroit and not Dallas, Rod Smith still at HB for Dallas (I created Jordan Chunn, same as other teams - created whoever was necessary to release guys who aren't with the team any longer), Adam Redmond starting at LG and Parker Ehinger starting at RT it's kind of a downer for me. (I'm sure you haven't messed with depth charts yet).

I even changed positions for defensive guys on the teams that are switching their defenses. (i.e. KC going to a 4-3 and AZ/Tampa Bay going to a 3-4)

The instances where guys like Suh are still on their old teams when the chances of them re-signing are low are just hard for me lol. You know, since I do a lot of play now games.

Just looks like a lot of work to get the rosters current, unfortunately. Guys like Tramaine Brock, who agreed with Arizona yesterday, are still on their former teams (Denver).

It took several hours just to get rosters accurate, including depth charts, future/reserve guys & a few created guys made in order to release UFA's into the FA pool.

Unfortunately, even though I think we'd both like to have the same end result/thing, which is accurate rosters come draft time with draft prospects in the FA pool, what we enjoy doing NOW would make it too hard to tackle a huge project. No biggie. We tried.

The contracts just aren't important enough to me to "start over" getting all the rosters current along with the depth charts. I appreciate the offer though!
maybe I uploaded the wrong file??.. I have Brock on the Cardinals and I've also done some of the position changes for defensive schemes I believe I already have Noah Spence at LOLB and Gerald Mccoy for the bucs at RE.. and was just working on the Dolphins as they will be a hybrid 3-4 and 4-3.. main move there was

the logic on the contracts is two fold.. years long as well as the money.. so for your example of Suh.. would you just cut him to FA then sign him to whatever team signs him when they do for 3 yrs?? even if they do a 1 yr deal? .. other logic there is while Suh probably not going back to Rams.. there are alot of players who you end up cutting only to have them resign for a yr with their team.. do you not worry about years nor money at all?

I plan to work on these through the draft and cleaning up the rosters once players are drafted makes most sense to me because players who might not fit scheme may be cut.. and players who are free agents might get resigned for a yr.. and you can't go backwards to get that 1 yr contract back..

are you saying you want to be able to do play now games in the middle of the project?

I have not even gone into the depth charts at all.. again I don't see the logic in doing that until the rookies are on the teams.. I don't think I had the most up to date file uploaded.. I saved to wrong name and still had the couple day old one.. let me know..

I did not know the chiefs were moving stritcly to a 4-3... in years past I also use a hybrid approach when a team changes it's defense because if someone does not know to change their playbook when they play with them they can be "stuck".. so a hybrid player I might keep at DE rather than DT.. or if #s wise it makes sense to keep there.. example of this for the chiefs is Allen Bailey.. who also is a free agent but has a 1 yr 6 mill contract that I don't want to lose in case he signs some where similar..

when you get a chance checkout the file I have up there now.. but look at the actual rosters not the depth charts.. I have not messed with those.. I don't plan to waste time playing the game till the project is complete so I have not done depth charts

also your Rod Smith example.. the cowboys only have 2 RBs rostered and the roster requires 3.. so I moved WR Austin to RB.. cause there was talk of him being used some there.. just a spot holder till they get a 3rd RB.. but what would you expect me to do sign a different player not on the cowboys so that Rod Smith was a FA?
Check out PS4 Madden 20 Roster file in Madden19 at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=namYI1dXrKE

Donations can be made at: PayPal: [email protected]
Advertisements - Register to remove