View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 04:54 PM   #22
htown5933
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 M19 Offseason Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar4380
maybe I uploaded the wrong file??.. I have Brock on the Cardinals and I've also done some of the position changes for defensive schemes I believe I already have Noah Spence at LOLB and Gerald Mccoy for the bucs at RE.. and was just working on the Dolphins as they will be a hybrid 3-4 and 4-3.. main move there was

the logic on the contracts is two fold.. years long as well as the money.. so for your example of Suh.. would you just cut him to FA then sign him to whatever team signs him when they do for 3 yrs?? even if they do a 1 yr deal? .. other logic there is while Suh probably not going back to Rams.. there are alot of players who you end up cutting only to have them resign for a yr with their team.. do you not worry about years nor money at all?

I plan to work on these through the draft and cleaning up the rosters once players are drafted makes most sense to me because players who might not fit scheme may be cut.. and players who are free agents might get resigned for a yr.. and you can't go backwards to get that 1 yr contract back..

are you saying you want to be able to do play now games in the middle of the project?

I have not even gone into the depth charts at all.. again I don't see the logic in doing that until the rookies are on the teams.. I don't think I had the most up to date file uploaded.. I saved to wrong name and still had the couple day old one.. let me know..

I did not know the chiefs were moving stritcly to a 4-3... in years past I also use a hybrid approach when a team changes it's defense because if someone does not know to change their playbook when they play with them they can be "stuck".. so a hybrid player I might keep at DE rather than DT.. or if #s wise it makes sense to keep there.. example of this for the chiefs is Allen Bailey.. who also is a free agent but has a 1 yr 6 mill contract that I don't want to lose in case he signs some where similar..

when you get a chance checkout the file I have up there now.. but look at the actual rosters not the depth charts.. I have not messed with those.. I don't plan to waste time playing the game till the project is complete so I have not done depth charts

also your Rod Smith example.. the cowboys only have 2 RBs rostered and the roster requires 3.. so I moved WR Austin to RB.. cause there was talk of him being used some there.. just a spot holder till they get a 3rd RB.. but what would you expect me to do sign a different player not on the cowboys so that Rod Smith was a FA?
Yeah, I will definitely be using "play now" and playing games between now and the draft.

This is what happens when you get old and need a "release" from real life lol.

No, I totally understand what you're saying about contracts. I get it. It's just not important to me - at all. Never really has been as I don't play CFM.

I understand what you were saying about changing guys to a punter to sign them to a closer to real life contract. I used to have to do that just to sign them to a team when EA had the salary cap turned on in "play now". Drove me crazy. Instead of changing positions or a bunch of ratings, I started just dropping their awareness down - easiest and quickest way to get them signed to a lower salary amount - then just change their awareness back after signing. Quicker than doing the punter thing. Drops their OVR quicker than anything else.

Definitely understand putting Austin at HB. I'd have likely done that too if I hadn't created Jordan Chunn so I could release Rod Smith. I tried to create as few players as possible in case I DID end up proceeding with a draft prospects roster lol.

But again, I get it. I understand your philosophy and why you do what you do. I just don't play CFM so we're on different ends of the spectrum with priorities.

If I played CFM I wouldn't even be worried about prospects. I'd just get the rosters 100% accurate and use draft classes others have created.

The only reason I ever made prospects in the past was to be able to use 'em in play now lol. Well, that and I liked doing it for the community a few years ago. The love the guys show makes you feel good.