View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #2
coach422001
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: How hard can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerlife
Ok so im loving the game and the new crowd atmosphere but.........

Top of the ninth and im losing 7 to 1 and i strike out the first batter and the home crowd goes nuts and my pitcher does a fist pump...

I mean it totally takes you out of the moment. Cant they simply program the crowd to be quiet and less enthusiastic when one team is getting spanked this bad? If the score difference is 5 runs or more have one setting for atmosphere and if its 3 to 4 run difference they have another and so forth,..

It just seems like it shouldnt be that hard to program no? Or do you think they just dont care or are lazy?
I'm sorry but I find it funny in all these sports boards (not just the show, and not just your message here) that folks seem to all think the choices are that it isn't hard to program something, so if it isn't there it must be they don't care or it must be that they are lazy. The choice is never: in order to program atmosphere like this we can not separate by run deficit without re-writing the whole code (I know that's drastic but you know what I'm getting at).

In Madden for years there has been an issue where with a 9 mph wind punts may only go 15 yards into the wind or 90 yards with the wind. In Madden 17 they attempted to fix it and had an awkward looking low line drive 30 yard kick into the wind that was lost with subsequent patching. My understanding in 18 and 19 they have the same problem. Seems 'easy': toggle the wind off in the code period, or provide the user the option to turn the wind off either totally or per game. Hasn't been done. Are they lazy? Maybe. Do they care? Possibly not. Is it a harder fix than maybe we think. Ah, another possibility folks just don't seem to want to consider.