View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 10:26 AM   #1844
tommycoa
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Ive tried stuff like this in past versions. It’s a slippery slope, man. Never had any real success with it. In past versions, it’s always played more whackier if the hum/cpu sliders are different.

Ive noticed this with the streaks in past versions of the game. Haven’t tested cfm much with this latest patch, been busy with all time roster set. Trying to help you guys out from afar without me doing the testing. I think there’s always been a level of scriptedness in CFM matchups. This year doesn’t seem as bad as past years. But i have seen it.

I remember NCAA football had this problem as well. I remember playing as alabama in Dynasty Mode—cpu vs cpu—stacked, loaded team, but i Lost to one of the generic FCS teams. Just like what you’re saying. The cpu could do no wrong. Ive seen this in madden too but it wasn’t as jarring, i could roll with it a bit more because I just roll with the theory Any Given Sunday. Not really sure if there’s anything we can do to fix this.

Have you watched one of these match-ups multiple times and does the underdog always win? Also, which time slot are these games being played in?

Rickpersak’s been testing these out and paying attention to gametime and weather. He’s early in testing, but he’s agreeing with me about this weather and gametime thing. Primetime games are usually thrillers. Not shootouts so much, just high drama thrillers. Also the clear weather games seem to always break the game. With high yardage and shootouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Hey, mind if I ask a question?

Have you tried testing how the game plays when setting your Player and CPU Skill levels at varying differences?

I'm interested in this because in CFM I'm concerned there is some degree of scripting, as in you can look at the recent results of both teams week on week and accurately predict who will win based on "streaks".

If a team comes into a game on a hot streak, say 3-4 wins or more, regardless of who they play, it's seemingly a guarantee they'll lose. It works conversely (in my estimation) in reverse for a team on a losing run, whoever they get next is getting beat, even if they're on paper, outgunned.

So something I'm considering (if variable skill settings works) is "handicapping" a team to negate the scripting. I know that sounds almost like cheating, but I also consider it unfair that a team building a winning season should be denied by CPU logic determining it's their turn to lose so they can't go unbeaten or build an insurmountable lead.

If a losing team can overcome being handicapped then fair enough, they deserve the win. But first, knowing whether variable settings will operate on both teams in CPU v CPU watched matches independently needs to be determined.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts