View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #52
FadeawayJay
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

The 2K devs need to put way more emphasis on how the league will look 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 years in to a MyLeague:

I am so sick and tried of having to buy the game late, as I really can't enjoy it before the player community have developed realistic rosters, draft classes etc. Without these, playing MyLeague is an absolute ****show a couple of season in.

I'd like for 2K to create a realistic experience where trades makes senses, where teams don't sign big contracts for over-the-hill players, bad fits etc. Where a free agent, who no team has been willing to sign, will lower his contract demands in order to actually land on a team, so that we won't see good 78 and above (honestly as high as 90 overalls) being without a team for entire seasons.

My biggest wish for 2K20 though is organically developing tendencies...

Tendencies should progress naturally.

If a young player develops in to a star, he should have the ball more in his hands, take more shots etc.
- Take a guy like Jayson Tatum as an example. Currently, he doesn't get that many touches. But down the line, he will develop in to a relatively high overall player with great scoring attributes. His tendencies stays the same though and doesn't reflect his attributes, so he won't ever be a high scoring player.

If a superstar is past him prime, and doesn't have the speed and athleticism he used to, he shouldn't be trying to drive to the basket constantly.
- Take Lebron as an example. I'm currently playing a MyLeague where Lebron has now retired. During has last few years in the league, he had gotten slow and lost his explosiveness. However, he was still trying to drive to the rim and finish. When looking at his actual attributes though, he should be a power forward operating from the post, from where he can both score and assist.

Solution: When you edit his tendencies, each of the stats could have "cap" for high how it could potentially be when the player is at his peak. Fx. the shot tendency could be at a current value of 80, but a potential value of 99. It would then develop gradually along with his actual attributes. The potential values could even be transferred to the attributes as well, so a players could have a current driving layup attribute of 88, but a potential of 95. It would make the players develop so much more realistic, and would free us players of downloading unofficial community rosters and sliders in order to have an enjoyable experience.