Old 04-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #8
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Rex gives interview, Eric Rayweather gives his answers on Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, the really big shame here is that back of the box features don’t really sell more copies or ‘many’ more copies. I really think if they concentrated on gameplay and made a truly amazing realistic football game, THAT would sell. Through word of mouth, alone. The hardcore sim community would be talking about how realistic it is. The game reviewers would talk about how realistic it is. That would get casuals interested as well.

Pro Tak didn’t sell more copies to casuals. Aggressive catch mechanics didn’t sell more to casuals. RPM didn’t sell more to casuals. It’s possible that Longshot appealed to some casuals, but I still imagine that’s a minimal fan base addition for the work required for that ‘back of the box’ feature.

It’s always a shame when money gets involved into artistic expression. Instead of letting the artists create, they’re forced to create whatever sells the most. But, again, it’s truly a shame in this case, because I really don’t think they’re selling more units because of these features. So, they’re really screwing themselves and the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can say that back of the box features don't sell the game, but they have all the metrics and data to back it all up.

I loved the part where one Executive Producer came in and said his nephew loves how aggressive catch is working.

That is the market, folks.