Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2019 Eastern Conference Playoffs - 1st Rd Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
I've been waiting for this one Oj.

https://www.nba.com/2013/news/10/24/ask-donnie-q-and-a/

Q: If a player throws the ball full court in an attempt to beat the buzzer at the end of a quarter, and the ball bounces before time expired, and then goes in after time expires, does it count? What about if it bounces after time expires and then goes in? And if it counts, is it a two- or a three-point shot if it bounced within the three-point arc? - submitted by Will

A: Wow, that would be something to see. Yes, if the ball bounces before time expired, and then goes in after time expires, it would count. If the ball bounces inside the arc, it would count as a two-point field goal. If the ball bounces outside the arc, it would count as a three-point field goal.

However, if time expires before the ball bounces, the shot would not count. Once a shot attempt no longer has an opportunity to score (notwithstanding miracles), it's no longer considered a shot and the game would be over before the ball bounces.
Hmmm.. If a shot can count off the bounce it's confusing to me when it wouldn't count if the buzzer had already sounded. A normal shot would, so I fail to see the difference there. Strange

Thanks for the info though.
Advertisements - Register to remove