Old 04-19-2019, 01:52 PM   #2342
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: 2018-19 Transaction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
This is prob going to be considered a hot take and I will get hated on. The 76ers should resign Harris and Butler and trade Embiid.

As great and likable as Embiid is you have to wonder what his long term health is going to be. If the time comes and you have to decide between the two since they both cant shoot then I would take the guy who has no health concerns. You could trade him this offseason and be able to get a ton of assets back for him. They could get a stretch 5 and another wing in the trade just surround Ben with a bunch of shooters.

They should probably just rest him more and he needs to be accepting of it.

A sore knee in January is whatever. But dude needs to be healthy come April.

I think he's too important, too good to just trade because of his health.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer