View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 08:50 AM   #6
TheWarmWind
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Worth buying if coming from MLBtS 17?

I'd say yes, but be warned, only for the gameplay upgrades. The RttS improvements are numerous but subjective. The biggest improvements to franchise are for those that sim games, which might be you considering you said that your gaming time is dwindling. Critical moments allows you to simulate games quickly while still participating in key moments (like a 9th inning save situation). March to October is, in my opinion, just a scam, it's just critical moments but you have even less control over your team, but it has gotten a lot of positive feedback. The key (and only) difference is that your on field play impacts sim results.

For those who play every pitch of every game though, the improvements are thin.

Contract Extensions are my personal favourite improvement. You can also now choose how to financially structure a contract (front loaded, back loaded, balanced).

Franchise now also has its own front end, where important tasks for that time of year get put front and center. It helps guide inexperienced franchise players properly manage a team, and works as a nice reminder of what needs to be done for veterans.

That's it though, that's everything for franchise. Everything else is exactly the same, warts and all. The vast majority of improvements are in gameplay.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app