View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 04:31 PM   #1952
TG The Punisher
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Just a potential observation on scripting. I mentioned a little while ago that deleting your profile and dashboarding so next time you load Madden you have to reselect the user agreement, watch the intro vid and reset your options helped the games flow truer.

Well in the past few days I've taken to going through these steps EVERY game. Yes it's time consuming but in my view it has helped prevent matches "scripting".

I have no imperical evidence to substantiate that claim, only my observations.

But put it this way, I used to fear the underdog team would win every match they were clearly overwhelmed in based on win/loss streaks. Since resetting every game, the Ravens on a 7 game win streak beat the Raiders on a 5 game losing run and then the Falcons, who won their last game but otherwise had lost 4 previous. Plus for the Falcons, it was a must win game if they were to have any chance of making the playoffs. It was tight, tense and a great game to watch and came down to the last play, 7 TD's between them, in the end Ravens win by 39-34. If the CPU was determined to keep the Falcons in the mix against a team that really didn't NEED to win, it would have ensured a Falcons victory.

This is echoed throughout the other matches played since starting what I'll call "Full Reset". In 6 games with clear favourites in, those favourites won 5 of the 6. Those are odds that reflect real form of proper football. Favourites won't always win, but will the majority. The oddity was the Giants beating the Eagles in Philly. Giants though at 3-8 HAD to win to keep their season rolling and they produced a big performance. Eagles at 8-3 have a little leeway, so in terms of the significance of the result, I think it was fair.

As stated, I can't categorically state that Full Reset helped, but I'll continue to do it now. For those like me watching every game, I'd recommend trying it and seeing for yourself.