View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 01:34 AM   #4
danzy678
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Lebron James System

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeawayJay
In an offline MyLeague, how would you best emulate and optimise "The Lebron James System" with the Lakers?

If you don't know what I mean, it's the system he played in Cleveland, where almost everything runs through Lebron. Basically just Lebron either pumping the ball on the perimeter, or him slowly backing inside to the high post. Surrounding him is three shooters spotting up along the perimeter along with one big man inside. If the defence sags on any of the shooters, Lebron kicks the ball to him. If not, Lebron assesses his own defender. If he sags, Bron shoots, and if he plays tight, Bron tries to take it to the rim where he either finishes or gets fouled. If a double team arrives, Bron kicks it to the now open teammate who will either be a shooter or the big man under the basket. Another option entirely is just Lebron getting a screen from the big man, driving inside, and then either finish, get fouled, kick it outside if help arrives, or find the big man rolling.

In theory, it's just a very slow version of what Houston and D'Antoni is running with James Harden. Without the extreme analytical (dunks, threes, layups, free throws) approach too I guess.

How would you perfect this system in terms of settings? What system should the coach have equipped and what coaching settings should I chose? I've played a few games, and I think Luke Waltons pace&space style needs to go!
you know the rockets are in the bottom 5 in pace right?