View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 03:14 PM   #97
MajorSupreme
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Quote:
Recreating these scenarios required the creation of a personality system that gives the players some degree of agency. Team players like Julian Edelman may be more likely to take roster disruptions and drops in their usage rate in stride, but more volatile personalities may trigger crises that coaches/general managers need to resolve. Some of these may be gameplay based. If a talented receiver like Martavis Bryant is frozen out for three games, he may demand you get him the damn ball. If you don’t, maybe he demands a trade.
Taking a step back from the usual skepticism that is warranted with an addition like this, I am all for Madden finally (re)introducing a player morale/personality system in franchise mode. Something like this definitely contributes to the longevity and replayability of the mode (a la The Show, 2K). The past few Madden cycles I have not been able to enjoy more than a season or two into my franchises. This helps majorly if implemented decently and catered to with patches along the way.

Quote:
If you’re the type of GM who doesn’t like surprises, this may affect how you approach drafting. Maybe you’ll pass on a temperamental player with more potential upside just for the peace of mind knowing that your pick won’t lead a revolt against your leadership.
Potentially able to scout (and customize in custom draft classes) personality traits of the upcoming class? Would be pretty solid if possible.