View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 11:01 PM   #14
doncropper
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: '60s All-Decade Roster

I just wrote this distressing note to one of my friends regarding the xBox One system.

I thought I would also post it here to see if I can be proven Wrong with my discovery regarding the "Severe" "Totally Unacceptable" Shortcomings of the xBox One System:

----------------------

I am in Total SHOCK !

1) I originally tried saving my Game Save Files to USB and after many attempts and a lot of research discovered on the xBox One it couldn't be done to a USB Stick as it is done so easily on the PS4.

2) Continued to research because I couldn't fathom that it couldn't be done someway !

3) Read a lot about using an External Storage Device to save Games & Settings on the xBox One which required the External Device to be at least a 3.0 speed with a minimum 256GB capacity.

4) Although it didn't clearly state that Game Save Files could be saved on such an External Storage Device I highly assumed they could.

5) Purchased such External Storage Device

6) Yesterday I Connected it & successfully transferred the Madden 19 files.

Or at least I thought I had transferred "All" Madden 19 files to the External Drive.

7) Today I thought I would test it out to get them back onto the Systems Hard Drive.

8) So I deleted a few Rosters, CPU Sliders etc type Game Saved Files on the System HD

9) Took my xBox One OFFLINE.

10) Restored (Transferred Back) from the External Drive and it told me that the Game was already installed on the System HD and wouldn't let me go any further.

NOW ! I am convinced all that I have read is TRUE ! You can't save your Game Saved Files on the xBox One System as they are all stored for you automatically in the Microsoft Cloud !!!

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE TO ME !!!

1) I have NO faith that the xBox Cloud will be available to me 10-15 years from now to retrieve my files.

2) Even if it is - Once I have a Corrupted File (such as those I personally created) THAT is the File that will be "Automatically" Saved FOR ME in their CLOUD --- A CORRUPTED ONE --- & --- if I have NO other way of getting it back THEN I am TOTALLY SCREWED !!!

THUS ---- 5+ Teams deep into my '60 All-Decade creation I am seriously thinking about starting it from scratch on the PS4 where I can control my own created files.

I Hope You can show me the error of my thinking here !!!

Don