Old 05-02-2019, 12:35 PM   #14984
jeebs9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The LeBron James Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Really solid breakdown from Ben Taylor from thinking basketball, nylon calculus, backpicks, etc.. gives some scouting reference to why synergy, advanced stats, and the like still peg LeBron as a plus level defender, despite people pulling the 3 "rest" possessions he takes per game and making their Harden-like anti defense montages.

Also, his YouTube is worth a follow as he is doing more and more scouting breakdowns for lots of players, and his work tends to go a bit deeper than your standard "eye test" as it's relayed back to how the scouting results in what the numbers tell us as well. Cool stuff, some of the same scouting tools that were used in his backpicks top 40 players article that was shared here awhile back.. Which if you took the time to actually read those scouting reports, and watch those videos, it's about the most in depth tool available.

I'm also subscribed to his patreon account, for anyone interested in these types of numbers he has TONS of that there as well for players dating back to before stats like this were even kept. Most everything is pace adjusted as well as relative to league average adjusted.. So lots of unique things like being able to compare rebounding rates from Bill Russell to someone like Dennis Rodman, and having passer ratings for players all the way back to the 50's.
I've been following him since his first video.

His content is great
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by jeebs9; 05-02-2019 at 01:04 PM.