View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 09:00 PM   #51
Shosum13
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
They hinted to it so I’ll mention it. They did a TON of work on the draft generator. The idea was to try to create rookies in game similar to the ones we will see from real life. Things like the slow as a slug power backs that were unusable, or the super weak o linemen should now be fixed.

Another highlight of mine was the fog of war aspect on developments traits, however I wish they would haves jumped all the way in and disguised all of them instead of just the top 2. I’m going to keep working on them to fix that.
That's awesome for my online franchise I play in because we use generated classes. In my offline franchises though I use custom classes. I'm still excited though, I thought Madden 19 was one of the worse jobs they did on draft classes. A lot of the ratings made no sense for the player position and archetype.

I'm with you I wish they would go all the way with hiding the dev traits. If you just hide the top two then you already know it's going to be superstar or x factor superstar. I do like how they are going to hide the abilities until you've played some games.

The part on the scenario engine left me with more questions than I had before the stream. I hope they dive further in to that at some point or we'll just have to wait and see it in action in the game.

I do like how they are making it easier to progress guys that aren't a scheme fit. I feel like that was a horrible decision last year, scheme fit should have more of an impact on the field vs on progression. Guys should progress more based on their development trait and play time etc. The way scheme fit should of been approached is it should have given some kind of on field benefit. For example if you run a 3-4 and your OLB is a scheme fit he gets a +3 rating boost in game to his finesse move or power move.

I think my biggest dislike was the part of the segment on progression. You shouldn't handicap better teams by slowing down their progression and giving more bonuses to the lesser teams. That's just an artificial way of creating a kind of parody in the league. It covers up the underlying issue and that's how xp is distributed and the fact that stats have too heavy of a weight on progression. If stats were only a small factor, maybe a small xp bonus at the end of the season for reaching a certain milestone and xp distribution was based more on play time and dev trait it would create a more organic feel.

Personally I want them to get rid of the training drills and go to a more risk/reward training system. You don't actually play any drills but rather set a practice schedule each week. The more intense the practices the more xp your players get but the trade off being they enter games more fatigued and more injury prone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove