View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #78
secondsolution
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Livestream Today at 7:00 PM EST - Face of the Franchise: QB1

Does anyone else feel like Mike Young's comments to Game Informer are inconsistent/slightly misleading compared to what was shown in the stream and blog?

For example, this quote:

"[With Madden NFL 20] we want to bring to life the ability to have decisions that can impact your franchise based on how you handle personnel, morale, teammates, and employees. That just wasn't in Madden at all. It felt like a stats management game only.”"

Reading that, it implies that there is a morale system, employee management and likely coaching personnel. It doesn't sound like any of that is in the game. Just the scenario engine chucking in some controversy, likely at random.

He goes on to say:

“When we looked all year at storylines like Le'Veon Bell's holdout or Antonio Brown demanding a trade, we really didn't have anything in Madden right now to bring leadership and managing the locker room, and personalities, and cohesiveness that's needed on a football team either from a player perspective or a coaching perspective,”

First off, he mentions hold outs, which weren't even hinted at in the stream. He then goes back into this concept of personalities and leadership within a team. However it still sounds like having an aging vet on your team won't actually improve or change anything as there is no underlying morale or chemistry system that is impacted by it.

I have to admit I'm not feeling blown away by the information revealed and things like this just add to my frustration. Someone in Mike Young's position needs to be exact in the examples he gives. I really hope they can show us a deeper dive into the franchise specific features and that there is more to it.