View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 04:49 PM   #99
jsteele14
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I am no fan of the current system of progression and ratings. I do not like having everything set concrete. However, if I were going to critique things knowing they were going to stay the way they are with XP being what dictates progression and regression rather than something more authentic then I'd rather the development traits for all rookies to start off as normal. Every single one of them. Then have them randomly changing as these guys see the field and rack up plays.

Don't set it in stone that all players get their development trait revealed in the same week. Make it dynamic. If I have a 1st rounder that is starting day one then maybe by week 3 he shows a Quick development trait. Week 10 he progresses up another one. Week 8 of year 2 he progresses to his final development trait. If I have a QB I drafted and am grooming behind a veteran QB(wish we had the old system back where that was a thing, but even more in depth) then maybe I don't see his development speed change until the offseason.

Have some guys burst onto the scene and after their first game starting have superstar development. Have some guys be late bloomers and be normal or quick until they turn 27 and then they are superstar for a few years.

That would help make this arcade-ish system at least a little more dynamic and organic. It would make the draft and developing young players more exciting. I'd love to cut a guy after 4 years because he just never looked like he would pan out like I thought a 2nd rounder should. Then when he lands on a new it starts to "click" for him and he gets a top development trait. That would suck for me, but that happens in the real league annually.

I'm a big advocate for a more fog of war type of system around all scouting and ratings. I know EA may never go for that. I'll be surprised if they ever do, really. I do think they are making a step towards that with hiding these development traits. The way they are doing it makes little sense, though. If I see it's hidden then all that is left is whether or not to see if he is going to have Zone trait or not. That isn't that suspenseful. That doesn't make the preseason matter anymore like they said it would. That just delays something for the sake of delaying something.
PES does it that way. I think they call it break throughs where a player will improve significantly for a certain period of time and then go back to normal improvement. It was not dependent on scoring goals or anything like that. Seemed random.

I do not like the idea that dev traits increase because of good play on the field. The good play on the field should be a result of player improvement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk