View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 03:24 AM   #102
briz1046
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
This is exactly the what they need to do if they want to continue with progression the way it is. They need to take a look at and change the way that xp is given out. In online 32 man leagues especially it can create some big imbalance. I've had several star dev rookies only progress a couple of points even while focus training them the whole year and doing practice drills every week that include their positions. But then another guy has a statistically good year with quick dev and progress a ton.

In my opinion there should only be small xp bonuses given out for performance if even at all. The current system rewards stat padding big time on offense. Like you said the rich get richer. In real life though guys start to consistently put up good stats because they progress, not progress because they put up stats.

Personally I for giving out xp I would rather them get rid of the drills and go to a weekly practice schedule. One where you don't actually play any drills but just set the intensity and frequency to your weekly practice schedule. There would be a trade off though, if you run more intense practices your players will gain more xp yes but they will go in to games more fatigued and at higher risk for injury. This would create a nice risk/reward system that would greatly add to the depth of franchise mode.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They need to flesh out weekly practices, add OTAs and training camp , and provide a set of sliders so users can weight the XP which can be attained from game stats , in-season and from off season and TC practices , everybody's happy and you could even maybe put adding Training camp on the back of the box ?