View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #68
Rebel10
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 19 is a Dumpster Fire video

Solid video.

I've been playing this franchise for 25 years, but I've been done with it for the last few years. It hasn't been a legitimately good game since Madden 2006 (Xbox/PS2), but I'd still be able to extract some fun of out if up until about Madden '13 or '14. I still even had fun with the connected franchise mode up until about Madden '16 or '17. But, the problems get worse every year and the core flaw with how the game plays will just never be resolved, ever.

The game will always be bad, and I'm basically done with the franchise despite being such an avid football fan and someone who has always loved sports videogames.

I doubt that 2K is going to make a football game anytime soon, even with the XFL launching. It's too expensive and unlike All Pro Football 2K8 which came out only a couple years after NFL 2K5, they've now been in the desert for 10+ years, and the landscape has changed. It'll be a major investment and I'm unsure if Take2 -- who literally prints money with microtransaction-based games like GTA Online -- would be willing to finance the effort it would take to make a worthwhile franchise-focused football game. I don't think the existence of the XFL would change much, the XFL is a major risk for anybody to sink a lot of money into... Just look at the success of the AAF, something that I thought had a lot more opportunity to Vince's insanity-based XFL project.

Last edited by Rebel10; 05-07-2019 at 03:40 PM.