View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 06:52 AM   #3
nicols
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tennis World Tour Roland-Garros Edition Arrives on May 28, Adds Rafael Nadal, Kri

Whilst the developer obviously share part of the blame, I think that the publisher, BigBen Interactive, is a thoroughly disreputable publisher with a track record of poorly made and supported titles in its portfolio. It was Alan Falc of Bigben that admitted that Tennis World Tour was not finished (the much touted online was postponed DAYS before launch) and had to release it for 'marketing reasons' but then boasted it was still a financial success due to pre-orders and because the physical discs were sold on a non-returnable basis!

Now a year later, as publisher with the rights to the tennis tournaments, pros etc, they've used the same developer (that basically went radio silent in the months after launch until the patches started to trickle out), decided to re-release the same core game with a few updates and expect the poor sods that made the first one 'a financial success' to rebuy it all over again?

I actually sort of liked Tennis World Tour (after 6 months or so of patches) but it was still average at best... but I think BigBen are a despicable company.