Old 05-08-2019, 10:36 AM   #17
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Forbes Gaming Writer Has a Piece on Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
Definitely aiming too low. You even said his main want is something you’ll just start skipping after a few times. He’s pushing create a team and injury presentation?? That’s three out of five things in his article that don’t really matter much. It’s not going to make Madden THAT much better. I want them in obviously but I don’t see much of a true impact.

Game play is king for most players and I would be excited if it was overhauled. I’m just saying that even though I’d prefer to see big leaps in franchise before game play right now, they at least need to have one of the two aspects at a high level. We can agree there, right? Right now we are both losing out and not getting what we want (I almost want to say “deserve” at this point). To basically be average or below in BOTH is unacceptable. Especially for this many years.

2K built on what they had. Madden seemed to quit that mindset when the ps3/360 launched. Then I thought with CFM in Madden 13 they were starting over with the mindset of building it up, and yet here we are. That’s why NBA 2K is very deep and immersive overall at this point and Madden is far behind. 2K seems to have executed a plan over the last several years to build up the game. That’s good business. Madden 20 gets a little more meat added and it may seem more promising right now, but that’s because the standard they set for an NFL video game product the last decade+ has been average or below.
I would like a better injury presentation to the game, but wants and likes are to each their own.

We do agree Madden is what it is, I'm trying to be realistic about it.

You are also correct that Madden didn't add to CFM much after Madden 13, sometimes just a after thought. Madden and big leaps are not in the same sentence on a yearly basis. I need to see big leaps to believe it. And I don't feel they will change up that process anytime soon.

Madden needs to keep adding to CFM and game play to please as many people as possible. It's not a matter of what we want, we get, but more, marketing and the suits will make the game they see fit based on the Rex interview and Ian's take several years ago.

If the CD Mike Young carries out on his wording, CFM may have some good additions this year, IF and a big IF, they are implemented and executed properly and correctly.

We'll see.