Find_the_Door
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
I agree to an extent.

Just on the topic of being technical coming from you surprised me, I've played you before and your style was pretty much focused on just going jab jab jab overhand without much success, so I wouldn't get much enjoyment from playing like that too.

Aside from that, I think that it's generally due to lack of fluidity for certain techniques that also effect the pace of the fight.

Pivots and the inability to attack off of them.

The tracking for a lot of strikes that should and should not land, which runs more risks for the people defending rather than the offensive fighter. (See, my Twitter post of lunging away from a Ronda Body Knee, only for the Knee to track my HEAD, and I'm Holly friggin Holm)

Lack of lateral shuffling + better cage cutting mechanics to balance that.

Lack of hook range.

You should be able to control being able to front block or side block. Look at how Cerrone changed his shot selection when he swarmed Iaquinta a few nights ago.

If those things get fixed + added, it would help with making the game a lot better. Of course, with the addition of all of those mechanics, we need an in-depth tutorial similar to MK11 or SC6 to have players understand what works based on certain situations, rather than having us having to guess it out.

And yeah limo, when you put it like that, I agree.
I agree most definitely there's quite a bit missing. I'd also like to see more variety in animations as well pertaining to a fighters fatigue level that possibly opens them up to shots that they otherwise wouldn't be open for.

As far as my gameplay, I've worked on it a bit. Ultimately though it depends on who I'm using - I can't exactly guard break with Nogueira and expect to have a great measure of success.