Old 05-09-2019, 10:59 PM   #25
RomeroXVII
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
Here's the problem with that: even a little lag, and head-movement can become useless. I had a fight yesterday with a jab spammer, head-movement failed me 4 times in a row with just a tiny bit of lag, 5th time it works only to go right into a hook.

Not only that, jab might be safe-ish, but when you can spam 150 jabs against the block and have 90 % stamina while your opponent has 0 head health thats a problem. Jabs drain an extremely large amount of head health given their relatively low damage. Even lunges will fail miserably with just a tiny bit of lag.

Here's another example which i think illustrates why the pressure meta and stamina are exactly related: Go into practice mode. For my labbing i used TJ. I threw 45 rear overhands at air (singles letting stamina regen fully each time) , and had only 50% long term stamina. If you throw the same number and hit your opponent, you will have about 80% stamina left. That means that a whiffed strike costs 2.5 times the long term stamina than a landed strike. So of course people stick to you and throw with impunity while distance fighters are punished massively for every miss. **** you can throw 5 rear roundhouses without losing a single shred of stamina if they all land.

Look a few posts up, I posted something you're going to like that will help back your argument.

*edit* Hooker fight didn't capture completely, but I got me taking a massive L to a friend who was using GSP, threw 236 strikes to my 113 and had a SIGNIFICANT stamina advantage since he was just mushing up my block.

I'll post it on here once I cover the names since we were on our alts.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 05-10-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove