Old 05-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #2
Darth Aegis
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Removed game speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
At the bottom of the new article about Gameplay, almost anecdotally, they announced that they removed game speeds. I know that some difficulties resulted from having game speeds in previous releases, but this is a concern for me.

When comparing actual NFL game action vs Madden game action, I found that the 'normal' game speed was too fast, requiring much more twitchy reaction time to play with any real recognition of what's going on just after the snap.

So my concern is: How fast will Madden play? Is gameplay speed moving towards lightning quick reflexes? If so, that's unrealistic, especially in a release year that reportedly focused heavily on regaining faith in Franchise Mode.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I've always been a very slow/slow kind of Madden player. Pretty disappointed with this news. Seems like instead of finding a way to include other speeds it was just easier removing them ( like a EA thing to do) just speculating however. I also felt like normal is pinball speed and everyone is ice skating. I'll have to wait to get the game in my hands. I hold out hope I'll get used to it. I'm still buying the game but we'll see. I hope that speed & movement is much improved over 19.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-10-2019 at 12:24 PM.