View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #9
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Future Classic Rosters?

A couple people have discussed the All-decade or All-time type of rosters. While I appreciate those types of rosters, and play them occasionally, it is not really something I am really interested in creating.

I much prefer to do the single season type of rosters. I like to be able to play through an entire season and keep stats and see how close things play out to real life.

If I move to making only Play Now rosters would anyone be concerned about player age and experience? I figure that sense there is not franchise retirement and such to deal with, it really should not matter. But what do you all think?

I am also considering the following:
Let's day I make a specific year roster, I will take my current 1985 roster for instance. I could then use that roster to make 1986 and create the rookies and either put them on the teams that drafted them, or put them in Free agency and then you could "draft" as you see fit. Thoughts?
I think this would be a way we could keep seasons going without Franchise mode. You would have total control over who retires as well if you wanted and could adjust the draft and trades as you see fit. Trades in season would require you to save a new version of the roster for your personal play, but it is not difficult as I have done it in the past. Thoughts?