View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 05:12 PM   #24
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Man, this would be fantastic. I'm not even a fan of college football but I loved this series. Hell, this game turned me into a quasi-college football fan 20+ years ago. Once it went away, I almost completely stopped following the sport.

To me, this is the best sports video game series ever. It was so much fun and the replay value and enjoyment of dynasty mode was unmatched.

This would also allow me to go back to my old habits of buying Madden once every few years. One hell of a bonus!
I agree. This series got me into college football in my teen years. But since the series ended, I haven't been in the mood to watch college football regularly like I used too.
I always preferred NCAA to Madden. Madden was the moneymaker but NCAA was the better product to me. NCAA devs had the freedom to follow their own path. A lot of people are still want Madden to add the Coach Carousel feature that NCAA implemented 6 years. Game wasn't perfect, but it captured the college atmosphere. It was a lot rewarding starting out as at a 1 Star school as a coordinator and working your way up to a HC of a 5 star school or as a HC and building a 1 star school into a 5 star school. While in Madden, you could take a team 17' Browns and be a Super Bowl team by year 2 or 3.