View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #332
Deegeezy

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
noone super scary on that Wisconsin roster but not really any glaring holes either that I see.

Both safeties being impact players could be a factor though.

Do you think Darby will get a RS and stay? If so how would he fit in the DB lineup?

LSU 28 - 17 WISC
I think your assesment is spot-on. No one stands out for them on paper, but they look like a "pretty decent" team across the board; in other words, they have a typical Wisconsin roster - no one that will wow you, but you could easily see yourself on the wrong end of the scoreboard by the time the game ends if you don't bring your 'A' game.

I believe if we protect the football, and avoid allowing those two big time safeties to take over the game, we should come away with the W and get some much needed momentum heading into the off-season. Not allowing them to get out to a fast start will also be a key for us.

As for your question - CB Christian Darby has started 10 games this year for us, so even if medical redshirts was an option in this game (it's not), he would not qualify. We are losing him, however we do have a 4-star recruit named Vince Cromartie coming in next season that I think should come in rated high enough to take Darby's place next fall and perhaps be even better than he was, immediately.

And with all that said, after a long wait, it is finally time to knock out this bowl game!