View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 03:45 AM   #8
WaitTilNextYear
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Trip to Colorado: Suggestions & Recommendations

Obviously hiking is a thing to do in Colorado. Driving over the mountains--the locals call them the 14'ers. Surviving the pop-up downpours and mid-afternoon summer thunderstorms. Microbreweries. Live music at night out on the patio on extremely starry nights. All good things.

Seems like there's some helpful locals that know the Denver/Boulder area pretty well. I've been to both Boulder and Denver before but don't know it well enough to suggest anything the locals don't already know. I would second taking in a game at Coors Field though.

I actually spent a week out in the southwestern part of the state back in August of 2005 and the Cortez/Durango/Telluride area is pretty good for hiking, camping, drinking, and sightseeing (Mesa Verde and the 4-corners region are both pretty cool). I drove 7 hours from one corner of the state to the opposite corner and one thing I remember really vividly was it being like 50 degrees and rainy and then descending down into Pueblo where it was like 95 degrees and sunny. Some pretty interesting terrain/climate for those of us from flatter parts of the country.

Some parts of the state seem kinda hipster-ish, but no state is perfect. lol

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 05-17-2019 at 03:47 AM.