View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #36
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Ideally the NCAA would work with the game industry to provide a structure for the payments when they decide it will be allowed. Something where the conferences sign on and schools and athletes sign also. If that happens and the price is reasonable then I see a new game. Each game company having to negotiate a deal on their own would be chaos.

Unfortunately I don't have much faith in the NCAA but maybe they will surprise me.
Thats only how I see think it will work. I'm sure NCAA will want to have more control this time around to avoid issues. They would have to find a way to get player likeness in a resourceful way. You pretty much have to get a good chunk(75-80%) of players to sign away their likeness or go generic. EA would have to get NCAAs help with that. I know EA use to go to as many schools as possible to get likenesses of stadium and atmosphere, but it will be way too challenging to go to every individual school and get the likeness of every player.

EA wants to make a new game, but it is all up to the NCAA to get on board. NCAA is going to be the deciding factor if we are getting a new game