View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 03:59 PM   #20
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Would you be interested in 2K football returning with no NFL license?

Them saying that losing the NFL license was a great thing, because it allowed to devote a lot more resources to NBA. Now only sports games they have is NBA, WWE, and Golf Club. They are not in the Football, Soccer, Baseball, College, and Hockey business. If they really wanted to continue with Football, they could have went back to College Football. I don't think the NCAA license was exclusive. I just don't think 2k felt college sports was marketable enough since they dropped out of College Football in 2002 and College Hoops in 2007 and that game was well regarded.

I don't think WWE 2k is as success, so possible they could want another sports genre in the market. But at same time, limited sports games allow them to divulge tons of resources to their money maker NBA2k every year. When you see a different MyCareer story EVERY year, they have a lot of resources. But I do feel NBA 2k is solid enough where they can afford to spare resources to build a football game. The thing with them is they would have to realistic about sales. In the PS2 days, Madden was the juggernaut with sales. Besides 2k5, 2k wasn't close to Madden sale. Just like Live isn't going to come close to NBA 2k's numbers. Their hope would be a lot of Madden gamers who are tired of Madden